Established well known firm is seeking an experienced Trust & Estates Legal Assistant to join their West Palm Beach office. This position will provide administrative support to Private Wealth attorneys and paralegals with a high volume workload. The ideal candidate is an organized, detail-oriented administrative professional who possesses excellent oral and written communication skills and the ability to work independently in a fast-paced legal environment.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Preparing and drafting legal documents such as probate pleadings, documents for trust and estate administration matters, engagement letters, memos, new matter intake, etc.
- Experience with e-filings and various court filing systems, including filing pleadings and recording documents with the courts
- Establishing and maintaining paper and electronic files in compliance with firm policies utilizing the firm’s document management system.
- Scheduling, calendaring, time entry, billing and transcribing dictation
- Assist attorneys in all stages of case from inception to resolution
- Assists with the preparation of estate planning binders
- Other duties as assigned or needed.
- Excellent verbal, written, and communication skills needed to draft and proofread
- Must be highly organized and detail-oriented to handle high volume
- Strong attention to detail, initiative and follow-through required
- Ability to effectively balance assignments and workflow from multiple attorneys
- Working knowledge of the rules of procedure governing probates in state court
- Ability to perform tasks utilizing legal software such as document management and time entry systems. Experience in PerfectLaw is a plus.
- Proficiency with multifunction word processing software including Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, and PDF programs)
Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Minimum 5+ years of experience in a legal environment or law firm